Figure Skating
Figure Skating is Hard ! I've recently been watching the Winter Olympics and came across a performance during the figure skating competitions that was just too good not to write about. The name of the skating duo was South Korea’s Yura Min and Alexander Gamelin. The pair skated to the well-known song, “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. I thought this was really unique because this is the first time in the Olympics where the International Skating Union has modified its rules allowing figure skaters to perform to music with lyrics. I really enjoyed their song selection, but also thoroughly enjoyed their performance as well. Their performance was well executed with great choreography and the ability to stay in sync. Their ability to gracefully move across the ice while looking effortless is something only a few can accomplish. Although Yura suffered a wardrobe malfunction she overcame it with poise and finished a great routine. Below is ...


LOVE!!
ReplyDeleteMy colleagues, Steven Alvarez has made international news because he teaches a graduate course called "Taco Literacies"! No joke! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/taco-literacy-college-class_us_56ab8cc5e4b00b033aaec716
ReplyDeleteSo in all seriousness, I only discovered tacos when I was like 15(I'm not from around here okay...). Even still it was at taco bell which are not anywhere near authentic tacos. I thought they were pretty nice until my friend brought me to his parents restaurant last semester which had real authentic, to die for tacos. I had never been so in love. With the tacos of course.
ReplyDelete