Figure Skating is Hard ! I've recently been watching the Winter Olympics and came across a performance during the figure skating competitions that was just too good not to write about. The name of the skating duo was South Korea’s Yura Min and Alexander Gamelin. The pair skated to the well-known song, “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. I thought this was really unique because this is the first time in the Olympics where the International Skating Union has modified its rules allowing figure skaters to perform to music with lyrics. I really enjoyed their song selection, but also thoroughly enjoyed their performance as well. Their performance was well executed with great choreography and the ability to stay in sync. Their ability to gracefully move across the ice while looking effortless is something only a few can accomplish. Although Yura suffered a wardrobe malfunction she overcame it with poise and finished a great routine. Below is ...
I am working up to running again. I had a ligament tear, so it's been NO major impact exercise for about 9 months. GAH!! This inspires me to keep working on the knee!! (weights, floor work, pool) :)
ReplyDeleteI second your reasons for running! I don't run anywhere near as much as I used to but I would never feel better physically than after a good run. My main reasons for running is building endurance and mental strength, and not feeling guilty about eating anything I want afterwards! My main issue now is not having that drive in me to walk out of my room and just go run!
ReplyDelete