The Real Truth Last December I went on a trip to Puerto Rico for my cousin's wedding. This was two months after Hurricane Maria had hit. On the airplane headed to Puerto Rico, I had no idea what I'd be walking into. Would my grandma's house be in ruins? Would there be power? Would the places I knew still be there? When I arrived the mood in the air already felt different. I was excited to see my family but by the looks of things, I knew I shouldn't expect much. My aunt picked us up from the airport and on the way back to my grandma's house she would point things out. There were fallen street lights and trees everywhere. Houses hanging on for dear life and the flags that were once displayed on the bridge were no longer in sight. What it should look like. Vs. What it resembles because of the loss of the flags. The Puerto Rico I once knew as a little girl was slowly slipping out of my fingertips. It was difficult to see my family live like this kno...
I am working up to running again. I had a ligament tear, so it's been NO major impact exercise for about 9 months. GAH!! This inspires me to keep working on the knee!! (weights, floor work, pool) :)
ReplyDeleteI second your reasons for running! I don't run anywhere near as much as I used to but I would never feel better physically than after a good run. My main reasons for running is building endurance and mental strength, and not feeling guilty about eating anything I want afterwards! My main issue now is not having that drive in me to walk out of my room and just go run!
ReplyDelete